A delicious combination of flaky puff pastry, coupled with fresh pear and cinnamon work together to bring you a delicious breakfast recipe!
Breakfast is an important meal, it sets you up for the day ahead! Porridge, cereals and toast can become boring. We’ve given you recipes for pancakes, muffins and more, and now we have another to add to the collection.
These breakfast rolls are quick and easy to make. They use simple, tasty ingredients and are great as a treat for special days.
You will need:
- 1 pack ready to roll gluten-free puff pastry
- Gluten-free flour for dusting work surface (we used Free From Fairy Flour)
- 3-4 pears – peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp caster sugar + a little extra for dusting
- 2fl oz (60ml) dairy-free milk
Preheat the oven to 180°c/ 350°f/ Gas 4 and grease and line a non-stick baking tray or muffin tray.
Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the puff pastry to the thickness of roughly a £1 coin.
Sprinkle the pears over the top, leaving a 1cm border on one long side.
In a small bowl, mix the ground cinnamon and caster sugar before sprinkling over the pears.
Roll the pastry up, on the long edge, ensuring the clear border is used to seal. When you reach the clear border, brush with a little of the dairy-free milk and roll and pinch to seal.
Cut into 3cm thick slices, and place in the prepared baking tray or muffin tray, before brushing with a little more of the dairy-free milk (this will give the rolls a lovely golden colour once cooked)
Place in the preheated oven to bake for around 20-25 minutes or until a golden colour.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar before pulling apart/ removing from the muffin tray and serving.
#Glutenfreeveganuary – what is it?!
Last month, we teamed up with some of the UK’s top food bloggers to bring you a feast in time for Christmas, showing you that having to cater for ‘free from’ food needn’t be difficult. We came up with some truly delicious food, that looked amazing.
Well, this month we’re back, and bringing you another collection of awesome allergy safe recipes that are also fab for anyone taking part in Veganuary too! I know, we’re too good to you!
Meet the Team
Mel @ Le Coin de Mel
Vicki @ Free From Fairy
Emma @ Free From Farmhouse
Ciara @ My Fussy Eater
Jo @ Paleo Crust
Nova @ Cherished by Me
Nat (that’s me!) @ The Intolerant Gourmand
Recipes – The Collection
So far, there have been some wonderful recipes created! Check these beauties out:
- Jo @ Paleo Crust created a delicious and beautiful kale and carrot slaw
- Mel @ Le Coin de Mel has come up with 2 fab recipes, beautiful rainbow fruit skewers and a wonderful tutorial on creating chia eggs as an egg alternative.
- Nova @ Cherished by Me has a comforting roasted tomato and rosemary soup
- Ciara @ My Fussy Eater indulges our sweet side with these cute chocolate oat thumbprint cookies
- Emma @ Free From Farmhouse has found a love for kale with this gorgeous kale, pomegranate and avocado salad
There’s more recipes to come too, so keep a look out for the #glutenfreeveganuary tag for all the latest updates!