It's officially nearly Christmas! We've got a wonderful festive recipe for you, and a fabulous competition!
We've been helping a2 Milk™ get into the festive spirit by supporting them at the BBC Good Food Shows held in Birmingham NEC and Hampton Court over the past 2 weeks. We created 2 fabulously festive recipes, the first of which we're sharing with you today!
These decadent Christmas truffle cakes are not only really fun to create, they are also great as family presents too! It takes just 3 simple steps to create delicious chocolate treats that will have you coming back for more! They also just so happen to be gluten-free too, happy days! :)
You will need:
To make the cake:
- 8oz (225g) goats butter
- 8oz (225g) golden caster sugar
- 6oz (175g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2oz (50g) cocoa powder
- 4 eggs - beaten
- 2 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4fl oz (120ml) whole a2 Milk™
To make the butter cream:
- 2.5oz (70g) goats butter
- 5oz (140g) sifted icing sugar
- 2 tbsp whole a2 Milk™
- 3-4 drops vanilla extract
- 8oz (225g) dark chocolate bar
- White fondant icing
- Small snowflake cutter
- Mini cake cases
To make the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas 4, and grease and line an 8” cake tin.
Add the goats butter, caster sugar, gluten-free self raising flour, cocoa powder, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract and a2 Milk™ to a large bowl, and beat until lump free and well combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for around 40 minutes, or until springy to touch.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out and leaving to cool fully.
To make the butter cream:
In a large bowl, beat together the goats butter and sifted icing sugar until well combined and smooth.
Add the whole a2 Milk™ and vanilla extract and stir well.
To create the truffles:
In a large bowl, break the cake into crumbs before adding the butter cream and mixing until fully combined.
Divide the mix into 20 portions, roll into tight balls, and place on a non stick baking tray before placing in the fridge for 10 minutes while you prepare the chocolate.
Break the chocolate into a bowl and microwave in 20 second bursts until melted, ensuring you stir well after each go so that you don’t burn the chocolate.
Take the cake balls out of the fridge, pour the chocolate over each one, and leave to set for 20-25 minutes.
While the chocolate is setting, roll out the fondant icing and cut out 20 snowflake shapes.
When the chocolate is almost set, add a fondant snowflake to the top of each ball, before leaving for a further 10-15 minutes to set fully.
Transfer the cake truffles to the mini cake cases to finish off.
How would you like to win £50 of John Lewis vouchers, and some a2Milk goodies in time for Christmas?!
All you have to do is answer this simple question!
QUESTION: what is the main benefit of using a2 Milk instead of regular cows’ milk in your Christmas cooking?
How to enter
Comment on this post with your answer to enter the competition!
For extra chances to win, you can:
- Like our facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/TheIntolerantGourmand
- Like a2Milk UK facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/a2MilkUK
- Like our twitter page – https://www.twitter.com/intolerantg
- Like a2Milk UK twitter page – https://twitter.com/a2MilkUK
- Like our instagram page – https://instagram.com/intolerantgourmand
- Like a2Milk UK instagram page – https://www.instagram.com/a2milk_uk/
- Like our Pinterest page - https://www.pinterest.com/intolerantg/
Be sure to tag/ comment to let us know it is you, using #a2Milkfestivefun
Terms and conditions
- The competition closes on Monday 14th December 2015 at midnight, UK time. Any entries after this time will not count.
- You must be resident in mainland UK to enter.
- The winner will be formally notified by email. We ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email. If confirmation is not received, the prize may be re-allocated.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize winner will be randomly drawn from all valid entries, and contacted by The Intolerant Gourmand.
- No cash alternative or alternative prize is available.
- The Intolerant Gourmand and a2 Milk UK will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details.
- We will not pass on your personal details to any other organisation other than a2 Milk UK , who will be supplying the prize.
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday 15th December 2015. Prizes will be despatched directly by a2 Milk UK the same week.
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this free prize draw.