We took a well earned break last week, which was much needed! It was a great chance to recharge the batteries.
One thing you really don't want to be doing whilst on holiday is spending loads of time cooking, even if you are an avid foodie, like me!
So, I looked for inspiration to make a really simple, and most importantly, quick meal!
We were by the sea, in an area of England known for its beautiful fresh fish!
Fresh seafood spaghetti!
Healthy, nutritious, and ridiculously quick to put together. So quick, it can be done inside of 15 minutes from start to finish!
You will need:
- 120g uncooked spaghetti (any pasta will work, gf, ef included)
- 1 tbsp. dairy-free spread (I used Pure)
- 1 large onion - peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove - peeled and crushed
- 1 pack fresh sea food (I used a medley of prawn, squid and mussels)
- 1 pot of cream (I used Oatly)
- Handful of fresh curled parsley - washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pan, cook the pasta according to their instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, add the dairy-free spread and onion, and fry over a gentle heat for around 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened.
Add the garlic, and stir well.
Add the seafood, and stir well, gently cooking for 2-3 minutes (don't overcook or the squid will become tough)
Pour in the cream, sprinkle in the parsley, and add the salt and pepper if using. Stir well, and turn down the heat to a simmer for a maximum of 2 minutes.
Drain the spaghetti and add to the seafood.
Stir well, remove from the heat and serve.
RSS feed for comments to this post