Wow, it’s 2016! It’s come round mightily fast hasn’t it!
What 2015 meant for us
We’re a little bit sad to say goodbye to 2015, as it was a truly wonderful year for us:
- The Intolerant Gourmand became a fully functioning business
- We’ve worked with some fabulous clients, who we’re very much looking forward to continuing to work with!
- We were shortlisted in a number of awards!
- We were finalists in a number of awards!
- We won the Holland & Barrett bake off challenge!
- We hit the press a fair few times, including Sky News, to help spread even more awareness of allergies!
- Callum managed to attend A&E less than 10 times – a minor miracle!
- We came within a hare’s breath of the Foodies 100 top 100 – we’re determined to crack it this year!
What will 2016 bring?
2016 has a lot to live up to, and we’ve certainly started this year on an absolute high and as we mean to go on as we’ve just found out that The Intolerant Gourmand has been shortlisted in the UK Blog Awards 2016 which is a huge honour.
We’re absolutely blown away, especially as literally 1000’s of blogs entered but only a select few have got round to the 2nd stage and the public vote!
What started as a little blog of ramblings to deal with the very difficult situation we were in with Callum and his health, has turned into a growing website, helping thousands all over the world. It’s humbling to know that our work is helping so many, and we hope we will be able to continue to do so for a long time to come.
We need your help!
To do that, we really need your help!
Voting is open from Monday 4th January – Monday 25th January 2016 and is live now! It would mean so much to us if you would consider voting for us to enable us to continue helping the people who need it most.
To make things easy for you, here is a direct link to my entry - simply click on the image below:
- There is a ‘vote now’ button on my entry profile
- Click on this, and then fill out your full name and email address
- You should receive a confirmation email once the vote has been registered
- You can vote every single day for us, should you wish to! We’d be ever so grateful!
- Every single vote counts!
What does winning mean for The Intolerant Gourmand?
It’s a huge deal for us to be part of these prestigious awards, and to even be acknowledged and shortlisted is truly amazing. To win an award would:
- Help us to be recognised in the UK for what we do!
- Enable us to increase PR and marketing for our site – which will help us reach even more people!
- Boost our confidence even when we’re struggling through tough days!
To every single one of you who’ve supported us, helped us, guided us since our launch almost 2 years ago, we are so very grateful!
Our vision back then was to attempt to change the way allergies are seen, and try to improve the allergy situation in the UK and eventually world wide.
We’ve made huge waves in the time since we’ve launched, and we have big plans for 2016, so watch this space and please keep with us on our journey!